Friday, September 30, 2011

I face a difficult decision, whether I want to move to Mott Haven, an area of the South Bronx, with some Christians who appear to be very alive, very focused in their energy towards reforming the world in Christian love, or stay here, in an area that is comfortable, that is easier and more convenient, for many of my activities.  I know exactly what I am called to do in my faith.  The only caveats would be that I am not very much interested in having a windowless room, or a room that others are going to be walking through.  The only way I could imagine it could work is if indeed my room was the living room area, and we created some kind of curtain or divider so that it was my private space.

Even doing this, I fear I'd be unhappy after a short time.  I fear that I'd grow resentful and angry towards my roommates' intrusions, when I was trying to concentrate, or something like that.  Then again, I also know that I get my energy from being around others, so perhaps there'd be a way to make that work.

I am honestly very divided on this; I would want to be able to make it last at least a while.  And if it didn't, I guess I fear that I'd have to go somewhere that was even less appealing than what I have now.

Is there a way to be amongst these people more often without moving there for now?  Hmm.  Their Bible study times, and their prayer times in the early morning, are accessible if I want to do it--  I need some time to think it over.
-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment